The Institution of Engineers (India) was established in 1920 in Madras. It was initially registered in Madras under Indian Companies Act of 1913. The Institution was established under the visionary leadership of the then pioneers in engineering fraternity of the country “for the advancement of all branches of engineering science in India." In 1935, the Institution was bestowed with the Royal Charter by the Emperor George V. Since the inception of the Institution, it serves as the common platform of all pursuing engineering activities through its State Centres and Local Centres, located across the country.
North Bengal Local Centre is one such Centres of the Institution. This Centre was established in 1976, for the promotion of the objectives of the Institution, in the fields of academic, research, skill development and exchanges of ideas among the members.
North Bengal Local Centre of the Institution of Engineers (India) is situated at its own premises within the campus of Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College.
Copyright The Institution of Engineers, North Bengal Local Centre, Re-designed by Ambition Technologies.